Minglish

I thought i had it enough, but i never did.

I shud have read the news in English, but i seldomly did.

I never had an English book on my desk or on the bed now.

I do maintained my english, by writting blogs in english (not all the time), and trying to maintain all words in english.

I never sepak ops speaks in english with Firdaus nor Hafiy. The best that i did was,

Firdaus, tgk tu... Aeroplane!

Well i shud have said

Firdaus, look, it is an Aeroplane!

He'll be definitely replied back

Mama, tu Kapal Terbang kn mama

Oh god, what have i've done to him? He never speaks a word in english now. He might have become numb in class when teacher speaks to him in english!

But, i've learned english the hard way myself. My mother tongue language was always malay. Even though i never got A's in My BM. Hihihi.  

I remember back then, my father used to buy The Star newspaper everyday. And i will be reading the news. I was very enthusiast with any news on the paper. I will be looking word by word and go.

Umi, apa maksud word ni?

My mother will go like

Ayat dia macam mana?

And i will be reading the whole sentence to her.  And she'll be explaining to me, what the whole sentence means, and making sense about the meaning of the word i was asking her in the beginning. And this is the trick i use to teach my own husband too.

My mother, and my father was my on-the-spot-english-dictionary. And i become my hubby's on-the-spot-english-dictionary. This is good practice, as it will teach the requester and also the informer.

And i remember reading a lot of english books. I maybe low in grammar, i suppose up until now, i still am. Because i hate doing all the a, an, the exercise. My parents never buy me exercise books. But i manage to get an A for english! My 2nd and 3rd brother are also very well verse in english. Because we were learning english the same way. Different is, my 3rd brother actually further his study in London and his english is totally - londonized! I don't know if it's him when he speaks english. I don't understand why he had all the accent. My mother is lucky, because my 3rd brother had dark brown skin. If he had my kind of skin, i think he will be staying london forever! Wakakaka. Ok i know it's not funny. ;p

I know, it is a tough challenge for me to bring up my kids to learn english. But, i have to...

Well, tetibe takde idea dh nk menulis. GOOD luck to me! :D
 
--
Regards,
Siti Fatimah Khairiah M Amin

Comments

aku ni haa, kalau balik malaysia, mesti kutuk sebab tak ajar anak aku dalam bahasa melayu..

ari tuh parents aku dtg sini, kena converse dlm English dgn anak aku, kalau tak, anak aku tgk je muka atok chet and nenek dia, sebab tak paham...

abis la aku!!!

takpe siti, accent tak penting, yg penting grammar and choice of words mesti btol! kalau tak, kena gelak dgn org malaysia yg dah jadik PR dkt sini...bak kata akak2 PR "it's the way you say it, not the way you sound".
Ida Chan said…
huhuu..aku kne pektis jugak nih dgn luqman. tp susah la...die tu pelat. die asik sebut ujung2 je :P

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Tioman

Azizah Mahzan