Epistaxis - Nose Bleeding

This evening, my brother Faidz's nose was bleeding. I am so worried because that was not the first time. I was doing some read up and found out that i was handling it wrongly. I should let his head up instead of letting him lie down. And press his soft-front-part-of-nose for 5-10 minutes.

I was so horified to found out, this may be the symptom of acute leukimia. But as far as me and my mother is concern, i dont think my brother was exposed to any of leukimia relatives or chemical reaction of any but does that includes of my smoking father or some inappropriate medicine my mother could have gave him. I dont think my mother would give any of insuitable medication to him.

But his bleeding stops less than 1 minutes. That should be a normal sign for a hypeactive child in the house. Well who doesnt have hyperactive kids nowadays. Hehe.

So i note down this notes just so i could refer it back if my brother's nose bleed again.

- Atherosclerosis->for older people("hardening of the arteries")or infections, high blood pressure and blood clotting disorders, or they may be taking drugs like aspirin that interfere with blood clotting.

- Frequent nosebleeds may mean you have a more serious problem. For example, nosebleeds and bruising can be early signs of leukemia. Nosebleeds can also be a sign of blood clotting disorders and nasal tumors (cancerous and non-cancerous).


- Tips on preventing nosebleeds

  1. Keep the lining of your nose moist: Gently apply a light coating of petroleum jelly (brand name: Vaseline) inside your nose with a cotton swab twice a day.
  2. Keep children's fingernails short to discourage nose picking.
  3. Counteract the drying effects of indoor heated air by using a humidifier at night in your bedroom.
  4. Quit smoking. Smoking dries out your nose and also irritates it.
  5. Open your mouth when you sneeze.


- Dryness of your mouth


- Rarely, the bleeding may be due to a problem that prevents the child's blood clotting properly. This can be confirmed by a blood test.

- Nose bleeding can be caused by:

  1. Local problems: cancer in the nose, physical injuries of the nose, broken skull, tuberculosis, inflammation of the sinus area like common cold, or bleeding after surgeries and thinning of the mucus membrane by long term usage of nasal sprays of steroids.
  2. Systemic problems: acute leukemia, hemophilia, or aplastic anemia, excessive muscle tension, blood vessel problems like hypertension, hardening of the blood vessels, heart diseases that increase the pressure in the veins, lack of vitamin K, long term usage of blood anticoagulants like warfarin, aspirin etc.[Risk factors for acute leukemia include Down syndrome, a sibling with leukemia, and exposure to radiation, chemicals, and drugs]
  3. High altitude, cold and allergy can also cause nose bleeding.

________________ ______________________

Oookay...Thanks about a bit unhappy story. Lets move on to a happy but i have to keep it short cause i need to do something ni. hehehe...

My younger brother Khalid just fly to London this morning. He went there this morning, my parents and my father's sister and husband and kids, come for the farewell. I can see his sad face to go. This is his country. I can see, but this is for the best right?

I was almost crying to see him walk to leave us behind. I dont know why. My brother. My younger brother is going away. I know my mom loves him so much. And i can see her sad eyes too. She was concern and worried. And so is my father. I have a slightest regret sending my brother today. I hope i didnt see him walking away. But thinking if i didnt get up and follow this morning, i would definately be getting up and realizing he was long gone. I would have been so must hurtfull if like that isnt it?

I know, this is for the best. He would bring back sweet memories. And proudness for my parents. Everybody will be looking up. And high. I know there is so much burden on his shoulder at the moment. But by walking there, so bravely and never looked back. I know he is ready to go.

There was a few obstacle by gong there. MONEY. My father only provide him 50pound. I know if we convert to RM it would means RM350. But 50pound? I imagine my self on the 1st day, holding 50ringgit. It was not enough. Lucky i had some saving. But my brother? new country, no malaysian banks. No credit cards. What could he do if something happens? Ohh....i think i should stop worrying about him. But this situation made me stop from hoping or even fantasising about going there to further my study. I felt a little unaffordable. hehe. I know it is better than nothing. But you are so far away. That is all you have. And that is what concern me so much.

Ok I Thing that was all about it today. I need to go. Happy reading.;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Tioman

Eye On Malaysia Malacca - 18 Feb 2009