Tactical Move - Part 1

Actually I had thought about this since yesterday. Did I ever reveal my Tactical Move to anyone? I'm not sure. But even My Closest Friends didn’t know it.

From the beginning of Raya last year, I told my BF (at that moment), that he might want to start meeting my parents. Since we never reveal our relationship to my parents, they also confused caused I never specifically told them with whom I was going out with all this while. So I think it's a good time to start meeting them. My BF rejected my opinion at 1st. Because he said, it's not that he was not serious about ‘US’, but he doesn’t want my parents to think that we are ready to get married. He said to me, he had not enough saving to marry me yet. I was sad. But despite that, I got my own saving as a backup. But of course I didn’t tell him. For that backup, I decided to start my strategically planning to trick my own 'Husband to Be' or what do you think I should call him then? hehehe...

At first, I convinced him, my parents never know about his existents, so why on earth could they want to force us to get married? (Which I also think possible, just to make my BF to come over and meet them with out realizing any consequences) Relationships come with a level. If we are scared to face 1 level how are we going to move on? (Another point I raised up to him) He was already getting nervous about it and I calm him down. This move is to make them know, who I am going out with, where I go, and to show, that you aren’t just some scumbag who will leave their daughter just like that. Just to prove how serious are you in our relationship. Do you think they are going to rise up married issue? No they wouldn’t. So I make him agreed on my points. He was ready. Next move was to get my parents ready.

So on that day that we both decided for the meeting, first I need to make sure my parents are both home. I told my mother, my closest friend which she heard so many times but never know who he was to me, Kuyu, as I called him and addressed him previously, is coming over for Raya. I was planning to tell my mother, Kuyu is going to announced something about me and him to my mother and father. And I hope my mother would understand the double meaning of that statement. That is, our first step of moving towards marriage. You know, for us, as young people, first step means, first step. I am referring to; it’s a first move which didn’t mean that it should lead to the next step as soon. For example, if you are registering yourself to take a Degree, you have to go there, learn, have examinations, assignments, like for 4 to 5 years, and then you will receive your Degree. But for them, especially on the marriage of their children, ok so you introduce him to me, bringing him home, we are kind of like this guy. So you like him too. So why wait? That is a good question. Why WAIT? Which my Kuyu was thinking of the young people first move. Maybe her parents would let us be as a couple for couple of years and let me save up some money seriously now. You are just so wrong my dear. Hehehe.

Just so I’m about to tell her about why he is coming over, my friends are calling me to come over. (Hey korg suke ye dtg2 tak plan cmtu. Tau2 sume dtg sekali gus..Ampesss..ehehehe). So I got busy at no time. So I told my mother, there are a few friends coming over too. Conversation is as below:-

Ummi : Ramai nye kawan nak dtg. Dorg plan ke?
Aku : Tak de la, ntah knape sume nk dtg arini.

Boring betul. Ekekeke. Tp takpela. Maybe you guys could witness my Historical moment. Hehehe. I didn’t remember Kuyu was from where that time. But I think he was coming from his hometown (Sg Besar). He was just back from Raya Holiday something like that kot..hehehe.... So when he reached my house, I was already preparing dishes for my friends. I think Gurl, Matleh, Kelah and Emy was reaching my house first before Kuyu. What a bummer. On this cruciating moment, since i was trying to avoid telling them what is really going on right now, Kuyu reached my house. And as seeing everybody was here, my parents went upstairs. Huhuhuhu. I thought I could make this history become more serious as all of my friends were there. So I remember, after reaching 3pm, all of them were retiring to go back. So Kuyu was getting more nervous. I thought he want to forget about this first move. I was instantly blaming myself to let the friends coming over. But it is Hari Raya! Everybody is coming over. Huhuhuuh. Datang sesuka hati. Hehe. I will feel guilty if I ask them to come some other time. It is Raya, you can come whenever you like. And I don’t want if there is no some other time. So as I went out to send Kuyu to the door, he asks me to follow him to K4 Wangsa Maju. He said, He needs time to calm down. Wah. I felt there is a bright light for me there. So I followed him. We were talking again about the meeting. I was convincing and consulting him. And again I told him not to worry about money if my parents ask him to marry me soon. But I told him how soon could it be? 1 year? We should have enough time. Hehehe…Strategically I was doing that? Could you believe me? As for the record, PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THIS HAPPEN ON RAYA LAST YEAR IT IS NOT EVEN PUASA NOW, AND I AM MARRIED 1 MONTH AGO! So it was not even 1 year, I am married. Alhamdulillah.

So aku dh penat sbenanye..ehhehe..tp takpe..sambung je la sikit je lagi…eheheh

So on the meeting. My mother and father were sleeping at that time when Me and Kuyu left home to K4. But my father usually could feels if anything is not right. So when we got back home, I saw him woke up and instantly open the TV set. So Kuyu went in and seated by my father. They start to talk about what is on the TV. As for Hari Raya, I assumed that my father was OK with that talk. So I went upstairs and called my mother to go down. As everyone is now at the living hall, My father, mother and Kuyu, I went to the kitchen preparing drinks. Kuyu was still talking about sports, my father telling him old stories, about sports. I’m getting tense, my mother is getting bored. Around 6pm, my best friend Ida called up. She told me she wants to come to my house for Hari Raya. She also didn’t want to miss the moment. She never knows about it, but she was the first one to know what the occasions is all about. But she didn’t know, it was my plan for my big day. It’s not just introducing Kuyu to my parents. It had double meaning inside it. Hehehe. Is not that I don’t want to tell you everything, it was just, I never do anything like this, you know when you are planning something, you are anxious and you feel like you want to do it on your own. But she had catched me on the act, but still, for her, although this is still one of the most historical moments of my life. But still, it was just A step which she thought as the same as Kuyu. The first step but requires a timeline. Which nobody ever knew, the timeline I was thinking is even shorter.

So around that time, my mother was asking, isn’t Kuyu has something else to say? She had smells something else. Since she knew Kuyu was also there when Gurl, Matleh, Kelah and Amy were here. So if Kuyu still here now and is already 6pm, so there could be something else rather than just for Hari Raya visits. So Kuyu started to get trembled. Then the knowing each other for more than 3 years came out. Being coupled for that period came out. Having to have a son-in-law came out. It is about time my father said. He said, he never know about our secrets, that we have been seeing each other all this while, but it is about time. He starts telling us his friends were already having married daughters. So this is about time for him too. He keeps telling us that. He asks Kuyu one question which made Kuyu trapped on my strategical planning. Muahahaha. What are you thinking when you came here and telling me you and my daughter is an item? (of course he was talking in BM, but then again it’s an English article, I just feel stupid if I speak in Malay. Muahahaha). So want it or not, like it or not, he have to say, ‘I wanted to marry her!’ And so and this point, all the jingling all the way in me and Kuyu’s heart start!

So my father asks him to bring his parents to my house. Ask his parents to talk about this further. Make them meet each other!

My journeys, to be continued...............................

(penat la plak…ehehe)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Tioman

Azizah Mahzan