Penang 19 - 21 Mac 2018


Pre-Planning
Yes, it was pre planned, maybe around Dec last year, but it was not what we meant to go. Well, we never thought in going anywhere. It just random. And we always, random! One of us said lets go. And one of us said, yes, let us all go. So one of us, did the booking.

One of the reason WHY PENANG? because we've been there few times. And Penang always provide and offer good food, good atmosphere, good company, good accommodation, nice scenery and bring us out intact and enjoyed! Alhamdulillah, in other words, we always cherish our moment in Penang and it never disappoint us.

At first, we were thinking, around that moment we will be off, we will have new transportation. Which fit the size of our family now. And my husband were thinking to bring his mother along. To cut it short - we were thinking of buying a new car.

The plan was, having a great place to stay, and we mostly be staying at the hotel, kids will be enjoying the pools and slides. And for lunches and dinners, we will be seeking and trying new good eating place.

But our plan changes a lot of times. And at last we're back with our first plan minus the new car.

Planning
Few days before we go. We had many brief discussions. At this moment, we knew, no new car for the trip. But the kids, not growing big enough, that we need to find for a larger space for them. Well, just almost 3 months after the pre-planning and booking.

My husband, cancelled the plan to bring his mother. Because, he found out, only 2 adult and 2kids for breakfast. Me, husband and Firdaus n Hafiy (4pax). So, if we bring another adult, there will be extra charges. I said ok to that. And he pointed out, i need to pay for Toll and Food outside hotel. He will cover for Hotel and Fuel. I agreed.

Exactly, one day before our trip, my husband received a news. Which, lead to, bringing his mother back in the equation. Well, i told him ok, since during the pre-planning, we have included her in as well. So we're now back to our first plan. Just that, we did not prepare in terms of fetching his mother from Sg Besar. It will consume 4hours(more actually) of our time of the journey. But it was just something i can't say no to. So i agreed. (But my heart pray hard for everything to run smoothly. The journey, my mood, my mil mood, the kids and everything).

So the plan will be, right in the early morning, we fetch my MIL first from Sg Besar, from there we moved to Penang by Ferry and directly to the hotel. And the rest is the same until the last day. We will drop her off in Sg Besar first, after Penang, and went back to Dengkil. At first, my husband wants to have a night at his mother house after Penang. But being me, i always ask for my share, i will not let people gets all. (i am always like that, i think its fair). So, since i said yes to include his mother, he said yes to my request too! Thank god, we've been in this marriage the longest. We have understand each other better.

Execution
Day 1 : Monday
As early as 530am, both of us were up to load our luggages. I have packs everything yesterday, at the last minute, because i like it that way? So in the morning just few extra stuff needs to be packed. I've counted  pair of cloths for everybody for 3days 2 nights trip. Toiletris. Swimsuits. And milk for both Ammar and Aisha. My husband prepare snacks for on the road hungry kids. This time, he bought fish crackers and fried them in the morning. By 545 everybody is up, except Ammar and Aisha. 4 of us had shower and pray our Subuh prayers together. It was not planned, but we manage to do it together that morning. It was a bliss.

By 7am. Everyones is in the car. And our doors are locked. And i felt thankful because so far, there is not a single drama from anyone. Its just, i did feel a little worry. Because sometimes, i don't fit with my MIL well.

By 8am, we already almost reached Sg Besar. I heard my husband dialed and calling his mother to be prepared. We almost there to fetch her up. At this point, i believe that he knew his mother so well, and he wants to keep us on track for the journey. And i feel thankful.

I was not well, and slept through the road to Sg Besar. A mild head ache that morning, since the night before. But, my mood definitely was my best. Because my husband said yes to almost anything i asked for. That's when you get when you said yes to just one request from him to bring his mother.

At around 8:45, we start moving to Penang from Sg Besar. My MIL was excited. We asked her the day before and she said yes without any hesitation (well just a little maybe). And she did not mind the cramp as well. Well, you just imagine 3 adults and 4 kids in a Sedan car! But that what makes everyone became being very tolerable with each other. It was pleasant and harmony throughout!

 We had our breakfast in a stall in Sg Besar. Everybody was having roti canai. A good kick start for our day. And off we went.

We were lost at one point of our journey. But finally reaching Georgtown at around 1 o'clock. We ate our snacks.

I totally forgot where we have our lunch that day (will update when my memories rings back), or maybe we did not have any. We plan to check-in, smoothed up and go back out to eat.

Instead after we have checked in, did our prayers, the kids got to the pool. My husband brings his mother to the sea. They were talking privately. well because of the news, my husband thinks, he needs to talk to his mother privately.  I look out for the kids. The pool was pack with people that day. But the kids enjoyed every bit of it! Good to know that they had fun. Everybody was please, that just the most important.

Later that evening, after freshen up. My husband thought, it is better that he go out on his own, to search for dinner, and i will be with the kids and his mother. I said ok, well, i was not well that day remember? So, while my husband was out, the kids played video games in the room.

Well, the room was spacious. 1 king sized bed for four of me, husband, Ammar n Aisha. And two super single double-Decker beds for MIL and the other kids. So i think, we had fairly good enough space to sleep. Except, Ammar and Aisha, they were in the middle and cramped by both parents. But they looked like they had enough sleep and rest.

That night, my husband went to a nearby Night Market. He bought Chicken Rice for everybody and fried chicken bones. After finishing our dinner, he announced that, he bought Durian too! So we had to make trip to the parking to eat Durian. It was a good surprise and i love it! My MIL refuse to join. She feels too tired that night. But she said, due to her diabetic condition, she should not be eating Durian. And after Durian trip, the kids check out the kids room.

We retired the day, although very tired, but with happy faces in our sleep. I took medicine, to deal with my head ache with hopes that i'd be ok the next day.

Day 2: Tuesday
Well, i did be ok on this day!

In the morning, we went for breakfast. The food spread was lovely. Everyone return with a happy tummy.

After breakfast, Firdaus and Hafiy was summon to be at the room, on their own, because my MIL wants to go to Bukit Bendera. (Well, another change of plan, we've been there, so not planning to go back there, its boring as my husband always pointed to me) But we went. Because his mother requested.

It turned out quite nice! I was not expecting it. I was expecting something very boring and same old same old things up there. It is same old same old up there, but still, 5 of us, enjoyed it very much. Especially Ammar and Aisha. Because we've been there when they were still small, so it's like new things for them. Not really that small, just a slightly a year ago (end of 2016).

Then around 12pm, we moved back to the hotel, my husband said, he wants to look for lunch. So we did. It was Hameed Nasi Kandar. I opt for Line Clear Nasi Kandar though. And we reached hotel around 2pm, and had lunch with the kids as well.

I was right, Line Clear Nasi Kandar filled our taste buds better.

After lunch and prayers, we hit the pool. The kids were enthusiastic! They have been restraining themselves since morning. At first i was accompanying Aisha. Ammar is own his own, we bought a life jacket for him, and he went here and there on his own! He just enjoying himself very much! Later that evening, I've enjoyed a few breast-strokes and back-strokes. So long since i swam in the pool!

By almost 7pm, we went back to hotel to shower and prayers. We planned to go out for dinner tonight. My MIL was asking for Fried Noodle, I was craving for Hot Soup and Bread. It was famous in Penang. And that was my intention to Penang: FOOD. Of course, being a good husband. My husband trying to accommodate for both. Even though he knew, he can't make both wife and mother happy at the same time. But he tried.

Unfortunately for me, my husband phone was out battery and my phone can't navigate the map(we don't know what happen). Since the place we want to go is a bit inside, it will be very challenging to find our way, hence, to go back to the hotel. So my husband decided to turn back and just go to any place nearby. Or next to the main road.

So we found a Warung. And my MIL happily had her Fried Kuew Tiaw (she's not happy because its not tasty). And me and husband shared our tomyam with rice meal. At least, it was a soup, even though its not bread. And to contradict, i did not craved for tomyam - but i liked the meal and enjoyed it, and full with happy tummy that night. My MIL craved for fried noodle and gets Fried Kuew Tiaw and it does not fill with her taste bud. My point is, my husband know, his wife is an easy person, where else his mom not. So that's why he follow what his mother requested most of the time.

The kids was asleep in the car while we had our dinner. They were too tired for the whole day! So we bought twiggies for them. They had it once we reached the hotel. But Ammar and Aisha gone to la la land.

And everybody were fast asleep that night. Tired but satisfied!

Good Byes
Third day was our last day. It was Wednesday...

In the morning we had breakfast at the hotel. Never mind the extra charges but it was a good food spread it the Hard Rock Hotel Breakfast.

All 7 of us, fills our cravings well.

Husband and his mother with omelette, Firdaus and Hafiy with Cantonese Soup Noodles. Ammar and  Aisha with cereal, crackers and frozen yogurt. Me with french bread and butter. It was lovely and satisfying.

After breakfast, the kids hit the pool again. My MIL followed us, to sit by the pool.

During this time, i thought whatever news my husband received 3 days back were settled. And what he promised his siblings to acknowledge his mother has been settled too. But no, it was not. So during the sitting and relaxing, i asked my MIL regarding the news. Being an experience Makcik Bawang myself, i get to drill down the situation and understands fully, my husband was listening too. We feel bad for her and try to console her as much. But she seems positive and will move on nevertheless.

So by 11, we had gathered the kids upstairs to repack everything and make a move back to reality-our homes. Before that, we went to Chowrasta Market for shopping. I just want to buy Asams; My MIL buy some stuff for her grandchildren including my children. I refused, because i thought my children wont need them, but she insisted. Alhamdulillah, rezeki anak-anak.

Nearly 2pm, we finished Cowrasta and moved to Gurney Drive to get Pasembor - hubby's craving. And near there, my husband found a stall that were full of people queuing. So he bought Mee Goreng mamak - my craving. And after tapauing, we went back to Peninsular by Ferry again. My MIL seems to enjoy being on the Ferry too much. As well as Aisha, she even cried when she saw Abah droves out of the Ferry to shore.

We stopped at an RNR for lunch, and do our prayers. I guess it was almost 4pm when we reached there. The kids refuse to eat Penang food and bought Nasi Ayam at the RNR instead. But Aisha, being My Aisha, peacefully walloped Mee Goreng Mamak Pedas; I just love that lovely daughter too much!

We reached Sg Besar approximately almost 8pm. Everybody had shower, i dont because i was lazy to open the big bag. Though i prepared fresh clothes for everyone. After finished prayers. We went back to Dengkil.

We had a stop at Satay Hut near Tg Karang for dinner and went straight home.


It was a great journey and experience and i found myself and husband being better and better handling our emotions as well as our kids emotion. At one point, my husband was panicked because he heard someone was crying. He becomes really shameful if one of our kids cried. He thinks that our family is disturbing everyone else. But its not our kids. Someone else kids, just being kids. But we manage to handle them greatly so they were being less cranky throughout our journey.

The trick just simple. Any trips, journeys, adventures must always always always because of them. Fulfilling what they want. Greatly on their activities, they don't envy food very much, they eat simple foods like twiggies, Chicken Rice and so on. So, we tackle those, it becomes easy for us, for the rest of our journeys.

May many more journeys after this becomes as at ease as this one forever. Amin...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pulau Tioman

Azizah Mahzan